Yesterday I tried a DIY project that came out great! I got the idea from The Fashion Citizens on YouTube. It's purple and turquoise dyed denim, a great look for spring and summer. Later, I will try to do pretty pastel colors and cropped tye dye t-shirts. Cute looks that I've seen floating around.
P.s. Waiting for you guys to "like" the fan page! Located at the top of this post! ; )
What I did:
- I bought a pair of denim shorts from the thrift store.
- I cut and ripped them to my liking.
- Bought some clothing dye from Wal-mart for $2.
- Got a bucket, salt, scissors, and boiled some water.
- Mixed the salt and dye in the hot water.
- Placed the bottom half of the shorts in the purple dye. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Placed the top half of the shorts in the turquoise dye and let that sit for 3 minutes.
- Rinsed the shorts off with cold water and placed them in the dryer to dry and so that my rips can fray.
The bottom half dyed(wet)
The top half dyed(wet)
The materials used
The finished results:
The video tutorial